Saturday, December 17, 2011

Is there something wrong with my knees?

I'm a 17-year-old male, 6'1, I don't play any intense sports or perform regularly any strenuous exercises, but I've had this problem for a few years where every time I crouch/kneel my knees crackle. This is a considerably audible, long cracking sound that occurs only when I bend my knees to squat/crouch. When the problem started first occurring, around age 13 or so, it actually hurt my knees to kneel or crouch. After about a year of this problem, it went away, came back again for awhile, then went away again and I haven't had a problem with pain since. Still, the crackling is there, but again I don't experience any pain whatsoever crouching/kneeling. I was never in any serious accident nor have I ever broken any bones. What could be the cause of my knee crackling and how serious is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment